Approximately 35 people showed up; plus a couple of babies, toddlers and young kids. A couple ladies were clearly pregnant.
Unless otherwise noted, these are the words of Stephanie Messenger (SM); however I may have paraphrased in places. Here are my notes from the event:
SM starting by making it very clear that she has no qualifications to speak on vaccination or SIDS; however she has been researching the subjects for many years. She also made a point of saying that if you have a problem with this you could leave now and get a full refund.
SIDS has no known cause. There are risk factors, including smoking (no brainer). Babies should be sleeping on their backs.
A book was then promoted: “Cot Death Coverup” from New Zealand, based on the work of Barry Richardson of the UK. The book discusses Toxic Gas Theory. The organisation “SIDS and Kids” are not interested in this theory; they claim it is disproven. The organisation has been hijacked by scientists.
A poster was then displayed titled “SID FACTS” with a number of claims:
- In 2008/09 (12mth period) 39 babies died from unexplained causes in QLD alone. That is 1 baby every 9 days.
- Close to 50% of these babies were co-sleeping when they died
- 17 babies were sleeping on their stomach while at least 15 babies were sleeping on their back when found dead
- 180,000 cot mattress covers have been sold in New Zealand
Next we were shown a graph “Cot Death Rate for 1st and later babies of solo parents (Britain 2005). This basically showed that later children and children of older parents were at great risk of cot death.
Toxic Gas Theory:
- mattresses contain fire retardants
- all mattresses (except organic) contain phosphorus, antimony and arsenic
- mattresses absorb body fluids- sweat and urine
- heat – fever is enough heat to generate gas
- something vague about bacteria
Safety Mattress Cover
- covers the mattress like a big bag
- 200,000 sold
- not one death
Deliberate Cover Up
- table of sleeping positions was deleted from government report
- tabled showed nearly half of SIDS babies were on their back
Don’t use normal plastic to cover your mattress
- use food grade polyethylene ; has no phosphorus
- SM sells this off the roll for larger mattresses; 150 micron
Comment from the audience: Bubs N Grubs sell organic latex mattresses with coconut husks. This resulted in much discussion. SM said “some plant matter has phosphorus”
SM then promoted a study she wants to conduct into the usual sleeping positions of babies
- 300-350 babies required
- need to check the sleeping positions of babies over 14 nights.
Most babies sleep on their stomachs
Babies get fever from vaccinations
The timing of vaccinations co-incides with SIDS
SM stated “I no longer believe vaccines cause SIDS”
Vaccines poisons babies and they take a longer time to die from it; it is not overnight.
We were then taken thru the definitions of “Beliefs” and “Knowledge”
The whooping cough epidemic along the eastern seaboard (Cairns to Melbourne) is mostly in the fully vaccinated.
Vaccine ingredients poster:
1. Amonnium sulphate
3. Genetically modified yeast, animal bacterial and viral DNA
4. Latex rubber
5. Monosodium glutamate
13. Gentaminici sulphate & polymyxin
14. Mercury (still in some vaccines, despite denials)
15. Neomycin sulphate
17. Human and animal cells
Attributed to vaccines poster (lists each vaccine with relevant side effects, the text of which was too small to read)
- Hep B
- Whooping Cough
- Oral Polio
- Chicken Pox
Some doctors don’t vaccinate
- Written in doctors lingo
- Print too small to read
- Too hard to understand.
It is compulsory to vaccinate in the US
- A vaccination compensation fund was setup with $2billion
- Capped pay outs, so that amount represents a lot of claims
- Keeps running out of funds
- Pays about ¼ of applications
- Pays compensation for vaccine induced autism.
There was a nurse in the audience who constantly interrupted, I have only noted a few of her comments
Nurse “patients are never told the risks before vaccination”
SM then told us that although babies get sick and even die as a direct result of vaccination, it is not recorded on the chart or death certificate. For example, the vaccine might cause encephalitis leading the hospitalisation or death. The hospital chart or death certificate with say encephalitis as cause of illness or death; not the vaccine. This means that we bury our heads in the sand on vaccine reactions.
Immunisation Vs Vaccination
- Two totally different meanings
- The name was changed as part of the brainwashing efforts
More talk about packaging inserts:
- Does anyone know what Otis Media is?
- It means “ear infection”
- It is written on the packaging inserts in “doctor speak” so you won’t understand it
Clinical Trial Vs Field Trial
- Conducted by drug companies on animals and humans
- Efficacy determined by raised antibody levels
- Not formally carried out
- The only people getting sick are fully vaccinated
- Medical community says “would have got it much worse if not vaccinated”
In Qld in 1998
- Four deaths from measles
- 3 were vaccinated
- The one un-vaccinated death was an immunocompromised aboriginal
“Darker skin or slanty eyes” means more adverse reactions.
Raised antibody levels not scientifically proven to raise immunity EVER
Small pox mass vaccination correlated with a spike in disease
We were shown a graph that measles was already on the decline since 1870 and by the time the vaccine was introduced in 1970 it was already nearly gone.
- Diseases already dropping when vaccines introduced:
- Tetanus – mostly caused by rose thorn scratches in elderly people
- Whooping Cough
Vested interest in vaccines:
- Multi billion dollar industry
- Consultation fees
- Government incentives
- Funding from drug companies for research
- Gifts from drug companies
- Free education from drug companies: “junkets”
- Political parties funded by drug companies
- Universities funded by drug companies
- Who pays? Taxes!
Why do people have faith in the medical industry?
Fear is used to promote vaccination in hospitals; this is a great reason for home births.
Many people die in hospital for reasons other that what they went in for.
Doctors have gone on strike twice in the world
- Once in LA and once in Israel
- Death rates dropped both times
Doctors have the shortest life expectancies; why go to them for health advice?
Doctors treat the symptoms of disease, not the cause.
SM recommends you go to a natural therapist before you get sick.
Lady in the audience comments “vaccination in schools without consent is coming soon” *audience gasps* The same lady goes on to say that the Australian constitution has been changed again to allow this.
(For the record, the Australian constitution has not been amended since 1977)
Vaccination is NOT compulsory, you do have choices.
So What Can You Do?
1. Follow the government recommended vaccine schedule
2. Select from the government list
3. Homeopathic vaccination – Isaac Goldens produces a kit, Rachael Gleeson is a Brisbane homeopath, half of homeopaths do not believe in homeopathic vaccination as it goes against like cures like.
4. Create a naturally healthy lifestyle.
5. Do nothing – western lifestyle leads to reduced mortality.
SM says that if you do 1,2, or 3 you should also do 4; but if you do 4 why bother with the others?
Then SM did a bit of showman ship, she held up an object covered with a cloth. With a big gasp from the audience, she revealed a life size baby doll stuck like a pin cushion with needles.
- Just the needles on the schedule, plus vitamin K
- Baby gets 4 needles every visit
|This is what anti-vax scare mongering looks like|
A doctor in the audience then spoke up. She was a pediatrician, but is now a GP. She has been in court for five years because she signs so many conscientious objector forms.
Another audience member then shouted out that injection of RFID chips is coming soon.
The nurse then commented that she refuses to vaccinate kids.
SM then tells us the flu vaccine leads to an increase in Alzheimer’s.
Autism: many studies have duplicated Professor Wakefields work.
There is no autism in the unvaccinated.
Another audience member “treat the side effects with homeopathy”
I now quote SM “It is good for babies to catch diseases at the right time designed by nature”.
Most diseases appear in the fully vaccinated.
Question from the audience: A friend is travelling overseas and won’t be allowed back in Australia without vaccination. SM answers: only one vaccine is a requirement, that is for yellow fever when you travel to Africa or the Amazon. She suggests you go via another country before coming home to get around quarantine.
The nurse then told us she has a child and is having trouble finding daycare that does not have policy of compulsory vaccination. We were then told they must allow for conscientious objectors.
SM informed us that if required she would supply the name and phone number of a local doctor as required to get your form signed.
From the audience “From July there will be no payments without vaccination”
1997 immunisation act must allow for conscientious objectors.
SM told us that you will always be exempt if you join a religion that won’t allow vaccination. She said to visit www.churchofcl.com, download a form and join. SM appeared extremely smug as she told us this, so I am guessing she has her finger in that pie. Having a look at the website, it appears the church only exists on the internet.
When her kids were in school, she wrote on the forms “toxic garbage keep it away from my children or I will sue you”.
SM told us a story of a new father who got his conscientious objector forms signed as soon as his baby was born. At the hospital, he insisted that there was to be no Vit K injection. The doctors insisted and the matter went to court. SM advised him to collect the baby and leave the hospital before they could inject. The story carried on for a while, with the father going back to court, SM advising him to move interstate and “go off the grid” and in the end the baby got all the injections.
Our nurse then spoke up again, “tell your doctor, this is NOT for debate, I will not allow vaccination of my child”. SM then suggested to tell the doctor that bullying will not be tolerated.
Homebirths and homeschool give you more control.
People who don’t vaccinate accept responsibility for health.
People who do vaccinate shift the responsibly onto the vaccine
Homebirth deaths make the news, hospital deaths are not newsworthy.
Boiling water makes fluoride worse.
Hospitals use tap water with fluoride to make baby formulae
|This was on a car parked outside. There was at least one more anti-fluoride sticker|
Grandparents – time to take action kit $7.50
- Get to work on kids partners, start by planting seeds (ie indoctrination) with fluoride in tap water before first pregnancy so you can work up to vaccine “truths”
- Check out Ian’s Voice http://iansvoice.org/default.aspx
People who vaccinate are loonies.
19th year educating people
Get the message to pregnant women. Buy some of our postcards and hand them to pregnant women you see, just say “you might need this information” and walk away. (I thought this sounded a bit creepy).
Our lovely nurse again “The AMA was setup by political activists to call homeopaths and naturalists quacks”
Someone called out from the back; I didn’t get all the words, but it was something like “Bill Gates….population control…. GMO….” You get the picture.
In the US it is now illegal to grow your own vegetables.
SM now plugged her organisation, for only $25 year you can support my work.
Next we pushed some products:
Negative Ions kill bacteria in 60 seconds
- Green strip is negative ions
- Rub on cuts and bites. Malaria was mentioned.
- Light activates negative ions in metal rod inside handle
- No toothpaste needed
For some reason, we then had some talk about the new airport scanners. They are x-rays that cause cancer and sterilisation (population control was mentioned again).
SM went on to tell a story of going thru an Amsterdam airport. Instead of going thru the metal detector, she got a good frisking from a Dutch woman “rather enjoyed it actually”. SM went on to tell another story of how she managed to sneak thru US customs without being scanned or frisked.
- Original tv adds said “may” prevent cervical cancer. The “may” got removed
- SM saw “that Frazier person” just after he invented Gardasil
- Gardasil was always intended for Girls AND boys.
|A picture inside the newsletter. Fair and reasonable vaccine discussion hey?|
“Melanies Marvelous Measles” for $20
The purpose of this book is to educate children. SM said that she even told her kids to run away from school if they have to to avoid vaccination.
SM told us the Australian Skeptics “those nasty people” don’t like her book; this brought muttering from the crowd. An audience member right behind me said something along the lines of “its run by doctors”.
My original plan was that after the seminar was finished, I was going to hand out the Five Vaccination Myths fliers like I had done at Woodford. At Woodford, these fliers were well received and I met some really lovely people. Even before SM said this about the skeptics, I was re-evaluating my plans. After that comment, I decided to stay incognito. It is a very uncomfortable feeling sitting in a crowd of people who are hostile simply because you do not share their delusions and paranoia.
Next we had a promo for SM’s new book “Sarah Visits a Naturopath” which is out next week.
For some reason, we then heard about GM foods and were told to read the labels and never eat anything with canola.
The doctor in the audience gave another rambling speech that started with GM food and ended with “go with God”.
Then we were told about a poultice to draw out the toxins from vaccination. There are two versions, one made from potato and another from charcoal.
The nurse spoke up again to tell us that Florence Nightingale was against vaccination. Personally, I am not sure how the opinion of a nurse who died 100 years is relevant to modern medicine. I guess this would be appeal to authority and perhaps appeal to antiquity.
SM wound up by telling us that she has monthly support groups in Cleveland, Gold Coast and Toowoomba and another is coming soon to Redcliffe.
Once the seminar was over, two tables were open for business selling postcards, books, negative ion panty liners and toothbrushes.
To summarise my experience, this seminar seams to be a load of scare mongering, leading up to a serious sales pitch.
I guestimate she took in around $600 in ticket sales. That would cover her expenses of hiring the hall and preparation of materials (which would be used over a number of events) with plenty leftover to make a nice paypacket for an afternoons efforts.
At the end of the sermon seminar we had a number of sales pitches for her books, panty liners, tooth brushes and other items for sale at the venue. I can tell you first hand, the tables were packed with customers. We also had a big pitch to sign up to help her “work” for $25 year. In return, you get a newsletter, which is littered with adds for her own products and has a an order form on the back for products ranging from $15 to $45.
|SELL SELL SELL|
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.